Saturday, October 2, 2010

{alternative}

This week's challenge for the Glee Club Contest over at Dixie Pieces threw me for a loop!  The music genre was "alternative".   The challenge was to choose a title from a list of Train songs and make a layout with a grungy alternative feel to it.  I {heart} Train, they are one of my favorite bands and I have a secret crush on Pat Monohan, but shhhh, don't tell anybody.  :)  We have a week to get these challenges done and I made it last night by the hair of my (double) chinny-chin chin!

Without further ado, here is my {clean} alternative layout, Anything but Ordinary:


I grew up in a small town.  "Alternative" there meant some guys wore chains attached to their billfolds.  That was it.  Seriously.  I went to college in an even smaller town and "alternative" wasn't really big on my little christian college campus either.  But my suite mate was so cool.  She pushed it a little fashion wise.  So what little I learned about "alternative" I learned from Nancy.  A little leather, a little lace and a little shine.  The brick wall is a really old Hambly transparency.  So, that is this small town girl's version of grunge.  :)

By the way, HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!   How exciting!  We are having a little get together over at My Sketch World.  Please come and join us!  Lucy has some great tutorials ready to go and there are always some wonderful challenges going on! 

Happy Saturday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Oh no ya don't missy! You gotta say how you did that brick wall! That is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on your layout Jan! It's awesome - loving how you used that transparency and grommets. Love the little peek into 'Jan's world,' too :)
    Happy World Card Making Day pal! I was kind of a card making failure today but can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this LO rocks!!! I love just it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool cool layout! Wow...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and totally hip, Jan!! LOVE the brick transparency & the big grommets!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy