Tuesday, October 26, 2010

{carrot cake}

It's Tuesday and you know what that means!  A new birthday card challenge at Party Time Tuesdays!  This week we have a fun challenge, to create a card using the colors of carrot cake!  Even if you don't like carrot cake  (and really how could you not,  2 words people, cream cheese!  *laugh*)  its a great time of year to work with brown, orange and ivory.  Make sure you include some kind of birthday sentiment on the front of the card.  Link it to the PTT blog by 8:00 pm Monday of next week to be eligible for the Top 3!

Here is my carrot cake inspired card:
I dug deep in my stash for everything on this card.  Love that.  So what are you waiting for?  Make a card, send it to someone or give it to someone to send and make the world a better place!  :)

Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

  1. I love your card, Jan! I love the different textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, this is gorgeous!! I love the curves on the card!! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jan! I have that prima flower and you've inspired me to use it:) Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this color combo....so pretty! Your card is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous sweetie! I love what you did with the carrot cake colors. And yes, it's my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so warm & lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE your card and the warm fall colors!!! I think I'll say it's ultra yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those colors are so great Yummy, even! :-D Great job, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the ribbon hanging over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how my eye moves from the top of this card down to the bottom...very slowly, wanting to soak all of it's charming warmth in! Beautiful, Jan!! p.s. carrot cake...mmmmmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute!!!! You definitely nailed the essence of the carrot cake color, Jan. So much so that I now have a hankerin' :) Lovely work friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute carrot cakey card! and yeah, cream cheese, DUH!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy