Sunday, September 19, 2010

{contest}


My friend, Kim invited me to join the contest over at Dixie Pieces.  It is a 6 week contest called Dixie Pieces Glee Club!  How fun is that?  The weekly challenges will be based on genres of music.  There will be plenty of other opportunities to earn points as well.  I think this is just what my faltering mojo needs!  If you are up for a good contest please join us!

Here is my layout for week 1:
The challenge was to choose a title from a list of Beatles songs.  I thought "Ain't She Sweet" was  appropriate for this photo of my niece, Kate.  We had to stay true to the "classic rock" genre with our layout, which I did with the addition of love beads and a slogan button. 

Happy Sunday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Great layout, Jan! That does sound fun, wish I had time! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jan - that's an adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really cute.. fab LO... and the new blog look is amazing.. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog looks lovely. Love the vintage feel. Your layout is utterly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog makeover looks terrific and that layout is awesome! Mojo seems to be back!Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks so cute now! Love the vintage images!
    And the layout is positively gorgeous - it's not often you see that format and you've done amazing job with details whilst still left some breathing space!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy