Monday, February 13, 2012

{follow your heart}

I'm not much of a technique gal, mainly because usually they involve a lot of steps.  I like to keep it simple.  I do however love to play with ribbon.  Strano Designs makes this wonderful product called Ribbon Stiff that works perfectly with their grosgrain ribbon.  It looks and feel a lot like Elmer's Glue.  You brush it on one side of the ribbon and then let dry.  What comes next is up to you.  It cuts easy.  It sews easy.  It weaves (my favorite thing to do!) easy.  You can punch it.  Oh yes you can!  :)

On this card I layered 2 pieces of ribbon after having applied Ribbon Stiff.  I glued them together and fringed them easily with a small sharp scissors and used them as my grass.

Follow Your Heart
Paper: MME, Sentiment: SRM Stickers, Ribbon: Strano Designs, Really Reasonable Ribbon, Ribbon Stiff: Strano Designs, Punches: EKS, Marvy Uchida and Fiskars

Here is a close-up:


 
Here is a close-up of the pierced lady bug "trail", another simple one step technique I love to do on my cards.


I love how you can use the SRM Sticker Sentiments on the ribbon as well.  Makes placing a sentiment on your card even easier!

Happy Monday, friends and thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

  1. I need to add Ribbon Stiff to my list for the next time I head out of town to shop! Sounds like really cool stuff! CUTE CUTE card Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this adorable card Jan!! Beautiful colors and I love the lady bugs and their little heart trail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon...this is SO CUTE!!! I have never heard of Ribbon Stiff...how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute Jan! I need to find that Ribbon Stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my all time favorite Jan cards - I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, your card is absolutely adorable!!! As for the ribbon stiff, I've actually never heard of it but you've certainly sold me on it just with the grass effect. Love it!
    Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the love heart punched into the paper - such a gorgeous idea. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy