Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cards

We've been busy this week and I haven't had much time for creative play.  Today it was supposed to rain on and off most of the day-what perfect conditions for card making!  Well, it hasn't rained a drop yet, but I still managed a couple cards for a few challenges.  

This little card covers 2 challenges.  {Loves me a two-fer!}  I made it specifically for Party Time Tuesday's Anything Goes challenge.  I missed last week's and almost forgot about it again this week!  This card is 2.5x5" big.  It was the trimmed off piece of a bigger card and I couldn't see it going to waste.


This also fits the bill for Wendy's "Camp-Out" challenge over at My Sketch World.  My second card is for Suzann's Manufacturer's Challenge.  I used some Pink Paisley and Basic Grey from her list.


I have seen these zipper flowers around for the last 6 months or so and read a few tutorials and just played with it until I got it just the way I wanted.  Here is a link to a tutorial though, if your are interested.

Happy Sunday, friends and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Jan. I love all the embellishing! Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the card Queen Jan! I love them! Love the color combo on the first one and the bling flourish. The zipper flower on the second is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome cards, Jan! Did you put a rub-on on the ribbon in the green card? It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards Jan!! That zipper bow is so beautiful. I'll have to check out that tutorial. I love that you use up your scraps too. I'm in the midst of organizing them at the moment. ARgh, what a mess! LOL

    Hugs - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just gasped - both are gorgeous (I have not yet mastered the 2-for) but that card with the zipper flower is so so pretty!!! I'm going to check out that tutorial right now. You need to win something for these 2 beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another flower fan! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your zipper flower is fabulous - that card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy